- 100% made in the USA
- Machined from billet 17-4 Stainless Steel
- APE Stainless Steel Guide Rod (Recoil Spring Assembly)
- Optic Cut – Trijicon RMR / SRO and Holosun 407c / 507c
- Angry Bear all black suppressor height sights.
Optics Cut (Red Dot Footprint):
- Trijicon RMR / SRO, Holosun 407c / 507c, and other popular “RMR footprint” optics – mounting position is in front of the factory location of the rear sight (dovetail remains behind the optic cut).
Slide comes with proper mounting screws and a black cerakoted cover plate specific to the optic cut.
- Length: Flush and Crown – flush with end of slide / inward “crown” shape
- Twist: 1/10
- Quality: 416R Stainless Steel
- Stress relieved and heat treated to RC 40-42
- Polished feed ramp for easy feeding
- Target crown and oversized lock up area
- Made to work with Lead, plated or jacketed ammunition
- Made in the USA
DISCLAIMER: This product is not manufactured, authorized, endorsed, or warrantied by GLOCK. GLOCK does not warrant or represent that this product is compatible with GLOCK pistols. APE DEFENSE is not affiliated in any manner with, or otherwise endorsed by, GLOCK, Inc. or GLOCK Ges.m.b.H. The use of “GLOCK” on this page is merely to advertise the sale of GLOCK pistols, parts, or components.
BREAK IN INFORMATION ((READ))
Your are APE DEFENSE slide has been specifically designed to have tighter tolerances which are instrumental in improving the accuracy of your firearm. As such, your slide will require a break-in period.
Here are some things you should do when installing and shooting your new slide.
- Ensure that your firearms magazine is removed and you have physically and visually cleared ensuring your firearm is safe prior to removing the old slide.
- Your new slide has been intentionally heavily lubricated and we do not recommend removing this lubrication as it will have with installation and the break in process. Due to the tighter tolerances adequate lubrication is a necessary part of the process with the slide and match grade barrel.
- Ensure that your frame rails are properly lubricated and does not show signs of extreme wear. We cannot guarantee proper fitment on 80% frames of homemade 3D printed hobbyist frames.
- Install your are new APE DEFENSE slide on your frame and rack it 20-30 times by pulling the slide to the rear and releasing it completely. Let the recoil spring do its job, do not ride the slide! Once you’ve racked the slide 30ish times , remove your slide, wipe it clean, reapply lubrication and repeat. It is normal to see slight underside cerakote wear and light barrel wear.
- Dry firing your new slide will help with the trigger bar/firing pin safety wear in process.
- Always use quality, full power ammunition. We CAN NOT guarantee function with reloaded or remanufactured ammunition. We recommend using brass cased 9MM 115GR FMJ ammunition from the following manufacturers: Federal, CCI, Speer, Sellier & Bellot, Magtech, PMC.
- We recommend running 100-200 rounds of ammunition through your firearm and applying lube often during the break-in period.
- ENJOY THE FINEST FIREARM PRODUCTS ON PLANET EARTH!
RED DOT INSTALLATION
- When installing your red dot please make sure to use the screws provided. The cover plate screws cannot be used to install your red dot.
- Using screws provided by the red dot manufacturer or any other screws may be the incorrect length and thread pitch and may cause damage to the slide and/or optic.